Will hair transplant last; If you work with a correct doctor and listen to your doctor for at least 6 months after hair transplant, the result of hair transplantation will be eternal.
First step: At the beginning of the hair transplant procedure, the surgeon cleans the scalp and local anesthesia is applied. The duration of the hair transplantation process varies between 4-8 hours depending on the number of roots to be transplanted, and the patient takes rest periods to avoid boredom.
Second Step: In this abduction, the surgeon removes the follicle units that were previously identified on the back and sides of the scalp, that do not contain small follicles or that will be damaged in the future, from the donor area.
Third step: The surgeon opens incubation channels for new follicles in areas with hair thinning or baldness. Incubation channels are spaces in which new follicles settle and have certain properties such as proper opening direction, depth, and area.
Fourth step: It is the last stage in which the hair follicles are transplanted according to an earlier plan.
Before Hair Transplant
- Your doctor will do some tests to help make sure you have diabetes or anemia gum.
- Avoid using certain medications such as aspirin and anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Massage the scalp one week before the operation.
- Do not smoke for at least one day.
Recovery After Hair Transplant
- You can return to work 2-5 days after the operation.
- You can return to exercise one week after the operation.
- The donor area heals in 7-10 days.
- You feel pain in your scalp and take pain relievers to soothe it.
- You experience swelling at the surgery site and use antibiotics and anti-inflammatories to reduce this.
Approximately one week after the operation, your scalp may fall out in the treated area.